Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Amazing Andrew Bird

Seeing Nicole's post about Imogen Heap inspired me to post about Andrew Bird. Mr. Bird is actually an alumni of Northwestern's music school. Pretty cool huh? I was introduced to Andrew Bird by my current roommate, but last year. He's seriously amazing. All of his songs are done by recording 10-15 second clips, and then playing over them with a new lick (thus reminding me of the video Nicole posted). Using violin. And his voice. And whistling. And whatever else you can think of. He came to my school last year... its even better live. If you can scoop up tickets do it. Seriously amazing.

I'm posting two links to two different songs of his. My favorite song is "Nervous Tic Motion of My Head to the Left" but the video of "Palindromes" shows his technique better. He steps on this machine's pedals to cue the different recording tracks.

Enjoy! I'm going to bed, I've been doing sorority rush all week... sigh.

Palidromes
Nervous Tic...

PS Bonnaroo is this HUGE music festival held in the Midwest. Check it out, it may seem a little expensive, but its worth it. Concerts all day long. Tons of hippies everywhere. I don't know if that's necessarily a selling point.

No comments: