Saturday, August 18, 2007

"Bathwater" by No Doubt

Song: Bathwater
Artist: No Doubt
Album: Return Of Saturn
Genre: Ska Punk

I was listening to this song recently and it reminded me just how much I missed Gwen Stefani when she was back with No Doubt. Despite all the success she seems to have with radioplay and all that, to me, her solo career has been just ma-ma hu-hu, except for two songs -- "The Sweetest Thing" which was pretty damn catchy and "Hollerback Girl" which was beyond terrible. "Hollerback Girl" is the main reason I blame Gwen Stefani for the horrible music that is Fergie (there's another woman who should not have gone solo, even more so than Gwen Stefani).

Apparently this song didn't do so well in the charts when it was released as a single, but I like it nonetheless. The dark undertones, the funky beat, the bouncy chorus, and Gwen Stefani sounds great! Give it a listen and please tell me No Doubt are gonna get off this damn hiatus already.

1 comment:

jhyn said...

Hey I was just thinking the exact same thing the other day. I saw a music video with Gwen Stefani, and she sounded like she use to sound on No Doubt, and it was way better than her spelling shit out to beats. I dont think it was the same song, but I dont remember how the one I heard went.