Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Brightly Wound" by Eisley

Happy Halloween everyone!!!!!! It's been a long while, so it's time for some good ole music reccage.

Song: Brightly Wound
Band: Eisley
Album: Room Noises

I don't know how you guys organize your songs, but I'm a little OCD. I have one folder for my music, and a seperate folder for recently downloaded songs to be listened to, checked for quality/likeability, relabelled, and then moved to the regular music folder. It's suffice to say that I usually let that temp folder build up quite a bit before I start looking through the music. I found this song buried in that folder from a fanmix for the British show "Skins". I know, I know, I'm a loser, but you have no idea how much good obscure music I find through fanmixes. (or at least, obscure to me).

I've had this song on my computer for a couple of months and only just listened to it yesterday, and I found it great. Eisley is a family indie rock band from Texas. They're pretty interconnected with the music world --- one of the sister's is married to the lead guitarist from New Found Glory and another is engaged to Adam Lazzara of Taking Back Sunday. The song itself reminds me a lot of Rilo Kiley, with their drawn out melodies and surreal lyrics. Its all about dreams and innocence ("I shall never grow up. Make believe is too much fun") I mean who doesn't want to be a kid forever?

No comments: