Monday, December 24, 2007

Real Quick Before I leave for Lake Tahoe...

1) Thanks for the Isabelle song Hannah.
2) Speaking of Mash-ups... Girl Talk anyone? They're fantastic. I'll link some music when I have more time. Probably the most consistently awesome mash-up group ever. I like "Hand Clap", check it out.
3) Movie soundtrack to listen to? Across the Universe, probably the best conglomeration of Beatles covers ever. Seriously. Best song? "I Want to Hold Your Hand" sung by the character Prudence, who is asian, and lesbian, and an "eargasmic" (to steal a phrase from Hannah) singer.
4) I love Wilco, check "Hummingbird"
5) Oh my god I don't have my music on hand right now... this is really difficult, trying to remember all the music I wanted to suggest.
6) I <3 Regina Spektor (seen her in the IPod Nano commercials maybe?), who was inspired by the works of Fiona Apple. Both FANTASTIC artists. Try "Honey" by Fiona Apple, and her cover of the Beatles song "Across the Universe".
7) Thinking under pressure is difficult, and my parents are yelling for me. We were supposed to leave half an hour ago... "Interstellar" by Paola. I'll link the song later, its really hard to download, my friend downloaded a mix of 300 German Techno songs to find it. For now listen on Myspace Music. The lyrics make no sense, but somehow its amazing.
8) Elliot Smith, album title "XO", song "Waltz #1"
9) Imogen Heap "Hide and Seek". Used in the OC, and then on SNL making fun of the OC. Its an old song, but its great.
10) Shiny Toy Guns, several songs are great, I like their sound overall, its like synthetic pop rock punk... I don't know, kind of techno-y, definitely upbeat, all good. "Don't Cry Now" is a great song, they have many others though, just browse around!
11) Because I watched the Dolly Parton True Hollywood Story, "Jolene", its amazing how a gorgeous voice can come out of a plastic, immobile (BOTOX. TOO MUCH BOTOX. DON'T DO IT.) "face" (ps. also, huge boobs).

OK must fly! Enjoy, and Merry Christmukkah!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

This is a very good Real Quick Before I Leave For Lake Tahoe post.

Girl Talk EVERYONE. I am listening to Smash Your Head right now.

Across the Universe OST fuck yeah. Evan Rachel Wood can sing alright.

Shiny Toy Guns holy shit I have We Are Pilots sitting in my CD Shrine. I worship it by doing my own choreographed dance to Rainy Monday every Monday when it rains.