Saturday, September 8, 2007

Boy bands certainly have their target audience, those suffering from post-break up grief, lusty prepubescent girls, and screaming fanboys (did anyone see the JT concert and how he obviously avoided the outstretched hands of his male fans?). However, for those of us that don't have a tissue box permanently attached to our person or aren't looking for an emotional tsunami, boy bands certainly do not fulfill our every musical need.

In celebration of my recent unemployment, allow me to share with you two tunes that tickle my pickle and pump me up! ;)


Good Luck by Basement Jaxx

This dance/electronica group hailing from the UK been around for quite some time now. According to the all knowing Wikipedia, they rose to popularity in the late 1990s. Of course I didn't hear about them until well past the end of the millennium, but apparently they're in high demand as remixers (used by the likes of JT [he's EVERYWHERE] and N.E.R.D.) .

This song is about a break up, only instead of being reduced to inconsolable rubble, the girl moves on with a big "FUCK YOU" to the guy. Fantastic. Of course, its not really the back story of the song that makes me love it so much, its the beat/mood/emotion. Listen to it, you'll see what I mean. Makes me feel like I can do ANYTHING.

The NFL Themesong

Duh. Sorry, I can't find a link. But trust me on this one guys, if it pumps football players up, it'll pump you up.


OK, time for a celebratory slice of cheesecake!

No comments: