Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"Raindrops From The Sun" by Imani Coppola

I'm at office hours where I know no one will come. Oh, boredom is me. Song of the Day! Yeah!

Song: Raindrops From The Sun
Artist: Imani Coppola
Album: The Black & White Album (2007)

So who watched last week's Grey's Anatomy? I did. I don't like to admit it, but I totally marathoned Grey's Anatomy last Tuesday and didn't sleep until 6am. That was stupid. Not to mention, Grey's managed to get it's nasty soap-y hooks into me and I'm addicted again. Like One Tree Hill, Grey's Anatomy has a knack of choosing good songs in their episode soundtracks, and that was exactly what stuck out to me in the beginning of episode 406. In fact, it's one of the few things that I liked about that episode. Unfortunately you only hear it for a little more than a minute (Yes, I actually went back and timed it --- it's playing for exactly 1:16 minutes and it's behind dialogue for about 1:14 of it). Of course, I sped immediately to Grey's Anatomy radio to find the song.

Imani Coppola hails from NYC and guys, get this: she plays the violin! Like she went to SUNY Purchase and studied violin performance, and does both the violin thing and the singing thing. She has her own label, and writes, produces and records all her music by herself. She's like a superwoman or something. As for the song itself, it's such a bright, I'm-waking-up-happy song. Like those Saturdays where you naturally wake up at 9:30 am all refreshed (instead of those Saturdays where you have to wake up at 6:30 am to push a little girl in a buggy up a hill) and you HAVE NO WORK to do! I love those days. :] Do you love those days? I really truly do. The beats in the back have that kind of 90s hip-hop feel to them, and Imani's music style and voice reminds me a lot of Esthero (Another sorely underappreciated singer. One day I will do a post about Esthero, I promise.)
Grab the song here.

No comments: